Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Head 'em up 'n move 'em out!

I'll admit I wasn't keeping up with The High Road. That forum served me well when I lived in Colorado. I did a lot of my shopping over there. Not so much since I moved to Texas and found very, very active local boards.

That said I was perturbed to learn of a War In Heaven, or at least a War on the Web. Seems some folks wanted to take what Oleg Volk started and try to make personal profit from it.

I don't know your opinion but that's what the comments section is for. Out here on the front page I get the only opinion that counts.

What they did to Oleg Volk sucks. It was wrong, wrong, wrong. THR became THR because of Oleg Volk and the people he chose as moderators. The attracted the users.

I'm not running anyone down by saying this. I'm saying that what's right is right and that board was Oleg Volk as much as his photographs. Just because you built the camera doesn't make you Oleg Volk or the photographs. It must makes you a tool. And that's the kind of person who tried to take THR away from Oleg.

So Oleg is moving. I would recommend others to give a thought to bookmarking the new The High Road at http://www.thehighroad.us

The following is from an e-mail announcement by Oleg Volk.

I don't know the guy personally. Wish I did but I'm still happy to be able to see his work and share his joy of freedom, firearms and fun.

Welcome to the new home of The High Road(tm) forum. My name is Oleg Volk,
and I am the owner of The High Road(tm). When I started the forum in
2002, my vision was to create a place where people from around the world could
engage in cordial discussion of RKBA related matters. Since
then, you have helped make The High Road(tm) one of the best places on the web
for learning about firearms, for educating new shooters and for supporting
effective advocacy of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Due to pending legal
issues, I am moving the forum to a new home at TheHighRoad.us. This is the
one and only official site at this time, owned by me. The same high
standards of civility apply. In the near future, we will provide more than just
a forum. The High Road(tm) is becoming an information and activism center for
the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. With the help of GeoVario, our new host, The
High Road(tm) is now online in its new home. The new location of The High
Road(tm) -- http://www.thehighroad.us -- will serve our members while the
conversion of the .org domain name by THR's former sysadmin is being challenged
in court (Copy of the complaint available: http://www.geovario.com/legal/Complaint1.pdf ). Feel free to
mirror this announcement on your blog (here is a link to mine with details of
this matter and how you can help. http://olegvolk.livejournal.com/474369.html ). If you link to
THR, please update the link to point to thehighroad.us Eventually, both
.us and .org addresses will point to the same site again. Thank you all - Oleg
Volk, Owner The High Road(tm)

1 comment:

Oleg Volk said...

Thank you for the link. The THR lawsuit is slowly crawling forward.

 

Free Wayne Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com