Monday, March 10, 2008

BAG day approacheth

BAG day is little over 30 days away and I don't even know what I want.

Yes, a handgun is great. Ruger SR9? It's a 9 mm. Ruger LCP? I'm already packing a Glock 27, why would I downgrade?

Glock 30 SF? Again, it's no smaller than the Glock 27 I already pack on my work days. And it's not much smaller than the PT 145 I own. If I want a short barreled .45 I have one.

Rifle? Yes, I want a .308 (AKA 7.62 x 51 mm) rifle. I've been thinking of an Ishapore Enfield and that is still in the running. I've seen some sweet other rifles, too but outside of my current price range.

AK? Yes, I want one more than I want a poodle shooter. In the running, too.

Shotgun? I have one. Do I need more than one? Not yet.

A .22 rifle? I don't shoot the ones I own enough to justify another one.

A Glock .22 conversion? Doesn't qualify for BAG day unless I get a receiver with it.

A J-frame or Ruger snubby? In the running.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a Saiga .308 with a high cap mag (25 round)?
Then you have the best of the AK look-a-like world coupled with the .308 cartridge.
It is next on my rifle list, after having owned a Saiga 7.62x39 for a while now and loving every minute of it.
Just a thought.

Hyunchback said...

I held a Saiga (in 7.62x39) today but am not really enthused about it.

I have a FN FAL for semi-auto 7.62x51 fun. And loads of 20 round magazines.

I thought I'd take a bolt gun in that chambering to share ammo.

I'm tempted by a few guns I looked at today but so far nothing screams "ME! NOW!".

 

Free Wayne Webring

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com